• T draws three circles on the board with the letters of words jumbled up
• T holds up a book. What is it? A book. How do you spell book? Write the words beside the circles, crossing out the letters that have been used.
• Pictures and Jumbled letters are posted around the room
• Ss are given a piece of paper and they have to go to each “station” and write the word correctly. One point for each word writing correctly.
Fun for Starters (pg 33)
• Look at the mouse and the snake. Is the mouse happy or sad? And the snake?
• What colour? What is the mouse doing?
• Make a sentence using one word from each column. A happy mouse is riding a yellow snake.
• T mimes the other verbs (drawing, painting, holding, playing, riding, watching). Ss choose one word from each sentence and write it in their notebooks. Draw a picture under the sentence.
o Look at the picture. Are there children? Where are they? How many dogs are there? What colour are the trees?
o Where is the dog? Point to the dog. The dog is happy. Is that a correct sentence?
o Where is the big ball? Point to the ball. The big ball is in the small dog’s mouth. Is that a correct sentence? No.
• Write and draw lines.
o Look at the names. Is anna a girl or boys name?
o #1- Pat’s wearing jeans and a blue and white t-shirt. Find the name Pat and find the boy. Draw a line.
o Give four Ss an emotion (happy, sad, tired, hungry)
o T makes a sentence about one S. “Maria is tired.” Ss say yes or no.